I rarely write of personal happenings regarding family or friends, and if I do, it’s only about good things, birthdays, marriages, graduations and the like. Although I have in the past alluded to hurtful behaviors on the part of acquaintances or family members, I have always been as discreet as possible. I don’t believe in using my blog as a whipping post, no matter how badly someone has hurt me.
Today, however, I will be blunt, I will be insulting, and I will enjoy every minute of it.
While Googling my name this morning, a formerly obsessive practice that I’d nearly given up due to my not publishing in fifty years, I came across this .
If you go to about the middle of the page, you will see this paragraph:
“That's right- Stephen King signed this! Best of all, this copy belonged to L Lynn Young (who contributed a story)- at the end of her story (we purchased this from her brother), she added two lines to the story, initialed it, and dated it 12/6/03."
Yes, the seller is referring to my brother. That rotten, no-good bastard.
The winning bid was $290.00. To my mother, however, it was priceless. I'm sure she hasn't yet realized it's missing from her bookshelf.
In the immortal words of Whitney Houston: Crack is wack.
Indeed.
EDIT: Sorry for the broken link...All fixed now...
Rotten bastard.
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment