Saturday, October 30, 2004

Plagiarism

The definition of plagiarism: plagiarism is using others' ideas and words without clearly acknowledging the source of that information.



I'm flattered if someone enjoys my posts enough to e-mail them to friends, leave me comments, or write me directly -- I'm extra flattered if someone even goes to the trouble of posting something I've written on their blog -- but kids, if someone's posting my shit word for word on their blog without giving me credit, it's called plagiarism. Even if they add their own parenthetical quips, even if they change the title.



Most of you wouldn't think of doing such a thing, mainly because you have your own vivid imaginations, your own wonderful way with words...but there are some who obviously do not. And you know who you are.



Plagiarism is wrong, sunshine, both legally and morally, and it hurts Ms. Lori's feelings.



It makes me want to kill you.



That is all.



AddenDumDeeDum:'Kay. The problem has been resolved, so I deleted the plagiarist's site link from this entry. Thanks to all who commented or e-mailed me -- much appreciated!

0 comments:

Post a Comment