Monday, March 17, 2008

Hill Has That Effect on Men...

I was watching Hillary Clinton's D.C. speech on CNN this morning, and my boy, who'd been playing on the computer in the next room, piped up with:

"Mommy, are you watching a scary show?"

Now, I don't know why he thought I was watching a "scary show," as there were no shrieks of terror, no theremin, no monster growls or evil cackling -- just Ms. Clinton giving an excellent (I thought) speech regarding her plans for ending the Iraq "war."

I said, "No, honey, I'm not."

A few moments later, he said, "Are you sure you're not watching a scary show?"

"No, baby, I am not watching a scary show."

Well, he obviously did not believe me, as he took the trouble to interrupt his computer game, and walk into my room. He stood there for a moment, then said, "Oh. It's the news. Okay." And as he walked back to the computer, he said, more to himself than to me, "Geez. Sure sounded scary..."

0 comments:

Post a Comment