Thursday, March 17, 2005

Oh, The Old Gray Whore, She Ain't What She Used To Be

Can anyone tell me how to fix my computer? It was filled with viruses, thanks to LimeWire, a music file sharing hellhole (kids these days -- a big bow to my oldest daughter), and though I deleted the viruses, my computer is still crashing, and I can't use Word (I get a "This application has failed to start because Ms.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem" message) or anything else on this machine. Tried to used Add/Delete Programs (to get rid of LimeWire) for instance, but it's as if it's dead. Same thing when I try to do System Restore. Nothing works. And the colors are weird when I'm in My Computer, particularly the sidebar -- the background is black.

Also, the other hellhole, Blogger, has been on the fritz, as usual, and I apologize to those of you who have had trouble leaving comments -- today, Blogger is still shit, and you may have more trouble with comments. I'd be ever so grateful if you'd e-mail me (it's in my profile) with any suggestions as to what I can do to fix my old whore. Thank you.

UPDATE: All fixed. Had to do a complete system recovery, reinstall Windows, yaddayaddadingdong, and I drank many, many beers during the process. Thanks to all who took time out of their day to e-mail me or comment -- you helped, and you rock!

ANOTHER UPDATE (3/21): Not it's not. You all still rock, but my machine still sucks. Boo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment